August babies, here is your stone! The gorgeous lime green peridot!
When I first purchased a strand of peridot stones, I wasn’t too sure about them. I don’t normally gravitate to lime green. But over the years I’ve come to love this stone more and more, as I’ve worked with it in so many pieces including earrings, bracelets, necklace pendants and tree of life creations. It blends so well with many other stones and colors, it’s become one of my favorite stones to own and use.
Some background on it:
- The August Birthstone
- 16th Anniversary Stone
- Used in ancient times for talismans
- National gem of Egypt
- Burma used to be the main source for peridot, until wars closed it off to the world in 1962.
- A strong protection talisman
- Aids friendship
- Bringer of happiness and good cheer
- Attracts lovers
- Helps alleviate depression
- Balances emotions
- Fosters inner peace and security
For more information, check out this great article:
Being a semi-precious gemstone, it’s pricier than the average stone, but well worth the investment to include a few stones in your custom made creation!
August special discount code:
Enter Peridot10 at checkout on Etsy for 10% off your order! This coupon expires August 31, 2016.